When applying for a field expedition, within the Cetacean Sanctuary Research project in the Ligurian Sea you accept the Tethys Research Institute’s Terms & Conditions. The following Terms & Conditions are present in the Booking Form that you will receive together with the Order Confirmation email, after having paid the contribution to the project (you can download it directly from this page), and must be signed and returned to the Tethys Research Institute office, viale G.B. Gadio 2, 20121 Milano – Italy (or by email: email@example.com) prior to your departure. Should you not agree with the following Terms & Conditions, we kindly invite you to abort your checkout.
- The participation to a field expedition will not be confirmed until the Booking Form and payment are not confirmed by our office
- Cancellations received in writing 30 days or more before the start of expedition will be fully reimbursed minus 20% of the full fee, to cover administrative costs
- Cancellations received within 30 days from the beginning of the expedition will not reimbursed
- in case of expeditions that require a minimum number of participants, and the minimum number of participants cannot be met, and
- in case of a team cancellation due to a technical/logistical problem the Tethys Research Institute will reimburse the applicants with the full amount paid (no additional reimbursements are foreseen) or, upon request, will try to place applicants in other teams, depending on availability.
- Participants have the right to quit any of Tethys Research Institute’s activities or abandon the research location whenever they feel that such activities may represent a threat to their safety: they will not be entitled to any sort of reimbursement
- Participants have the right in case they are not satisfied with the quality of the research boat or the field base: they will not be entitled to any sort of reimbursement
- Istituto Tethys onlus and its legal representatives, all its members and all those responsible, or involved, in the course logistics cannot be held responsible for any inconvenience, accident or incident, or illness participants may suffer from during their participation in the team
Participants are asked to declare in advance (by filling in the Booking Form available on this page) that they:
- have read the Expedition Briefing document in full, and accept it
- are in good physical and mental health and they are capable of taking part in the activities described in the “Project Conditions” section of the Expedition Briefing
- have informed the Institute of any relevant medical/physical condition at the time of their subscription and that they will inform the Principal Investigator upon arrival at the field base
Participation of minors (< 18 yrs)
In the event of the participation of minors (even if accompanied by an adult), before making the reservation, it is mandatory to contact our office via email at the following address firstname.lastname@example.org. The Booking Form for Minors and the Co-responsibility Agreement between the Tethys Research Institute and the parents of the minor must be both filled in (you can download both from this page).